£25000 - £27000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
18 days ago
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Technical Assistant / Specifications Technologist will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical specifications for raw materials, packaging and finished products. The Technical Assistant will also support the wider technical team in the preparation of Audits, support NPD and EPD and be a member of the on-site HACCP Team.
The successful Technical Assistant / Specifications Technologist will have previous experience of compiling finished goods specs ideally having exposure to retailer technical systems.
Responsibilities of the Technical Assistant / Specifications Technologist include:
• Create, manage and maintain technical specifications for raw materials, packaging and finished products
• To complete customer specifications to their required standards using specific customer systems
• Create, manage and maintain Quality Attribute Sheets (new products and existing products)
• Gate process documentation - ensuring that NPD and EPD processes are documented
• Coordinate all information for new product specifications and transferring data into specific factory and customer requirements.
• Support the wider technical team as and when required.
• Ensure customers pack copies are submitted on time and the information is accurate.
• Responsible for the generation and maintenance of controlled recipes, shelf life data, organoleptic standards, cooking validations and artwork.
• Support in the investigation and root cause analysis of customer complaints.
• Ensure compliance with Food safety, quality and legislation at all times.
• Reviewing raw material ingredients used in products against EU and International customer requirements.
• Be part of the internal audit team, complete Internal Audits and GMP audits.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.