£36000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
26 days ago
A leading FMCG Manufacturer in north Manchester is seeking an experienced Production Shift Manager to join their busy manufacturing operation. Ideally you will have food manufacturing experience but this isn't essential as full training can be given. Any fast paced FMCG background would be considered.
12 hour shifts, 1x week of Days & 1x week of nights, (2 week rotation)
Sun-Fri, 4x shifts out of 6 (further details of shift pattern given upon phone screen)
Reporting into the Operations Manager, your role as Shift Manager is to provide leadership to operating teams in order to deliver effective production within all areas of focus (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost & People).
Shift Manager - Brief summary of Key responsibilities:
- Engaging, motivating and developing the manufacturing team with particular reference to their direct reports
- Driving compliance by ensuring authorised operators are following procedures by highlighting irregularities. Auditing MOs and stock areas on shift by shift basis.
- Downtime at or better than budget. This includes performing changeovers to budget or better, while keeping any other downtime to less than budget.
- Team skills matrix maintained and checked on monthly basis to ensure full compliance. Any GAPs identified and highlighted to Operations Manager
- Thorough focus in ensuring that direct reports have full training provided to ensure compliance with H&S, consistency in processes and competency in delivering the best results for the business.
- Green every day Audit & GMP compliance for own area.
We are looking for an experienced manager with a progressive mind-set, proven leadership and communication skills with a strong track record of or driving improvements and leading / developing teams within a Manufacturing environment. You will have a flexible approach to work, be able to work on own initiative and be a confident decision maker with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.