+44 (0)151 666 8918
27 days ago
Scantec are currently looking for a Construction Manager for one of our most prestigious clients.
- Experience in operating in the build environment, with a proven track record in successfully planning, managing and monitoring construction work.
- Hold an industry standard, construction/build environment qualification (e.g.: NVQ Level 6, ONC, HNC, HND, Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent), aligned to their discipline/specialism.
- Demonstrate an exceptional level of awareness and understanding in construction environment, safety and health regulations and legislation.
- Hold an appropriate industry recognised safety scheme card, (i.e.: a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Managers card, Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG) Safety Passport card or a suitable equivalent.
- Hold a Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), or National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Construction accreditation, or a suitable equivalent
- The safety of all staff within the construction site together with the Principal Construction Manager (PCM) and other Package Integration Managers (PIM).
- Visible commitment to safety improvement programmes and follows up accidents and injuries.
- Assist in the creation and maintain a culture of zero accidents or incidents relating to occupational and personal safety, security, health issues, and environmental matters.
- Communicating to employees and contractors of the importance of meeting customer requirements including references to statutory and internal regulatory procedures.
- Assist PCM in Construction Design Management (CDM) compliance.
- Review, comment and respond to contractor programmes.
- Coordinate the integration of contractor programmes.
- Review request for information (RFI) responses prior to response to contractor to determine cost and schedule impacts.
- Implement project internal change management processes.
- Assist in raising any instructions to contractor.
- Review contractor quotations for any changes to scope.
- Provision of accurate forecast to Senior Construction Manager (PCM).
- Review and actively engage in short term planning activities e.g. Plan of the Week and constraints.
- All - maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Provide management and governance to maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality across all areas of engineering with specific specialist knowledge within Construction and the nuclear environment.
- Responsible for the professional development, performance and ethical standards of the staff within their responsibility and reporting chain.
- Ensure the standards, procedures and work instructions underpinning construction are followed.
- Ensure construction teams are appropriately organised and that key personnel are demonstrably competent to undertake their roles.
- Ensure that commissioning activities follow the appropriate Project Delivery Map.
- Ensure construction records are maintained to support project handover.
- Responsible for task management to meet the professional standards, performance and integrity of the work and reporting information necessary to support the project and business objectives.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.