£45000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
29 days ago
Your role will be to effectively manage engineering resources to ensure continuous improvement and optimisation of the plant and all equipment. My client is looking for a self starter with a pro-active approach, excellent leadership skills and a strong track record of maximising team performance through sound leadership and coaching techniques.
Engineering Maintenance Manager - Summary of responsibilities:
- Develop ‘Line Plans’ identifying key areas of ‘downtime’ and remedial actions necessary to negate re-occurrence.
- Ensure all plant, equipment and Hard/soft building services are maintained to the highest standard.
- Prepare team briefs and group discussions to improve communication and motivation between all functions
- Be instrumental in the effective use of Manpower in relation to Planned Preventive Maintenance Scheduling and unplanned equipment failures.
- Drive Engineering standards, in particular Performance, Attitude, Workshop cleanliness, Job and Tool Audits.
- Deliver and support site legislative requirements focusing on Safety, Quality and Good Manufacturing practices.
- Adopt a proactive approach to resolving issues and improving plant throughput on a daily basis.
- Understand weekly expenditure and benefits gained through the adoption of a ‘Value for money’ approach to Cost Centre Management.
- Identify and manage cost effective area improvement projects to gain competitive advantage within the business.
- Manage and deliver small scale improvement projects and use sound CAPEX knowledge and presentation skills
- Ideally 3-5 years experience in a similar managerial Engineering role - our client will consider those looking to step-up, depending on level of experience and exposure
- Recognised Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualifications
- Proven track record of Front-Line Management
- FMCG Manufacturing experience although not essential
- Thorough understanding of PPM techniques
- Strong desire to develop and coach team performance.
- Ability to identify and implement Process improvements.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.