£500 - £550 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 month ago
Our Client specialises in public transport infrastructure, they manage projects for high-speed systems, traditional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
Due to an increase in project awards an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to support them on a long term contract basis. The location is flexible, the successful candidate can be based out of York, Manchester or Birmingham and combine working in the office with working from home.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Project Manager and will support the development and continued success of this demanding area, focused on engineering and infrastructure consultancy, particularly in the rail sector.
The role will work across some of the highest profile and flagship infrastructure projects in the UK including HS2 and TRU. The main hubs for the team are in Birmingham or York balanced with the flexibility to work from home (and remotely full time during the current restrictions).
The Project Manager is responsible for the day to day management of key infrastructure project(s) and has proven experience of:
- Scope and schedule management
- Risk and issue management
- Finance and cost control management
- Resource and people management
- Benefits management
- Commercial and contract management
Key Responsibilities and Measures:
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope.
- Understand what constitutes an end-to-end, thorough, cross-functional schedule for the project and involve stakeholders as appropriate to create a valid plan. Be able to discuss risk areas and convey impacts to scope or costs if a shorter schedule is demanded.
- Continual management and development of client relationships.
- Plan the project(s) in sufficient detail to ensure integration of all activities, dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones.
- Ensure a comprehensive budget is prepared, reflecting the plan and all resource needs.
- Ensure non-people resources are identified (e.g. tools, equipment, logistical costs etc.) so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable.
- Ensure all necessary cross-functional resources are identified and that justification for such resources is clear in the event of constraints arising as a result of other work responsibilities.
- Communicate to ensure that all resources understand their roles and accept their responsibilities and escalate where that commitment is not present.
- Direct and motivate the project team(s) to achieve the desired results, often using matrix
- management, and ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project.
- Ensure effective management of third party suppliers to the project(s).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Significant experience within the Rail industry ideally and proven experience of delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
- Membership of The Association for Project Management and/or membership of a relevant professional institution and/or relevant demonstrable experience.
- Robust stakeholder management skills and a natural ability to expand and develop client relationships
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with membership/professional body roles, purposes, and activities.
- Sound Commercial and Contractual understanding of commonly used Construction Industry Contracts.
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.