£51000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, pension, relocation support, healthcare, sick pay
+44 (0)151 666 8999
25 days ago
£51-60k – 10% bonus, private health, life insurance, excellent pension, plus additional benefits
A fantastic opportunity caused by an internal promotion within for a new mechanically focussed Project Engineer to join an expanding pharmaceutical manufacturing facility based in Holmes Chapel. This role would suit someone with a background working within the Pharma/Medical Devices sector who has experience working on engineering solutions to reoccurring problems and supporting on shutdown and CAPEX projects.
If you know and understand GMP, and have worked on the tools or in a project engineering capacity with pipework, vessels, pumps, HVAC and purified water type systems then this role might well suit.
- Provide technical support to the Site Engineering function to enable solutions to engineering related problems on site and identify practicable designs to prevent reoccurrence.
- Carry out structured problem solving processes in order to achieve the above (FMEA, Gemba problem solving, 8D, TRIZ, fishbone, 5 why’s etc.)
- Administer the handover of projects into maintenance by ensuring that drawings have been updated, EDF’s are in place, maintenance appraisals and instrument categorisations are completed etc.
- Ensure that all equipment and systems that are subject to statutory inspections are registered, inspection programmes are current and inspection records are maintained.
- Provide support to engineering shutdown planning and preparation.
- Deputise for the Facilities Engineering Manager during periods of absence.
- Deputise as Responsible Person for Legionella management.
- Provide an effective interface between Site Engineering and Manufacturing to facilitate the timely resolution of technical issues.
- Manage small engineering projects to support Site Engineering by managing contract engineering staff as required by each project. Coordination of internal and external engineering activities and the interdisciplinary interfaces in close coordination with the discipline team leaders.
- Issue work authorisation and permits to work for Site Engineering controlled areas.
- Provide maintenance engineering input into major projects, HAZOPS, QRA's etc.
- Ensure engineering project work is undertaken by competent personnel and that resource is effectively managed. Where external engineering consultants and contractors are engaged, to ensure that the services provided are in accordance with company standards and practices.
- Ensure negotiations with third party companies meet the site's business requirements and engage with the procurement team when required.
- Ensure that the required standards of GMP and HSE are anticipated, implemented and maintained for all areas of responsibility. Promote and generate continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
- Review existing engineering SOPs and standards against relevant industry standards and best practice, and make modifications as necessary.
- Review and ensure compliance with engineering SOP's.
- Support and conform to Company safety rules and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment
- Assist in the investigation of accidents with the objective of introducing measures to prevent recurrence
- Have a recognised Degree or equivalent in a Mechanical or Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering biased subject.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical
- and non- technical disciplines, manufacturing personnel and senior management, both internally and externally
- Have strong practical and technical problem solving and decision making skills which are supported by a strong practical mechanically biased working knowledge of mechanical equipment, control systems, instrumentation and process systems problem diagnosis.
- Have sound engineering knowledge and experience to enable effective appreciation of the customer's requirements and the environment in which the solution will be required to operate.
- Have experience of managing small projects and are familiar with using project programmes,
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.