£60000 - £80000 per annum, Benefits: company car allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8923
about 1 month ago
Due to recent project wins and an exciting pipeline of further work within hydrogen storage and decarbonisation, the Consultancy is looking for a client facing Principal Instrument Engineer to support further growth.
This role comes with great career progression opportunities internally, with the hope that the person filling this position will become the new Chief Engineer in a couple of years.
- Responsibility for all instrument discipline technical input for projects and/or proposals; including the preparation, checking and/or approval of engineering deliverables
- Organising discipline staff, allocating work and ensuring delivery against plan
- Ensuring all applicable national and international codes of practice, legislation and company/client standards and procedures are complied with
- Preparing equipment and materials requisitions for control systems, safety systems, analyser houses, field instrumentation and other instrument equipment
- Reviewing supplier’s quotations and preparing technical bid assessments
- Preparing subcontract requisitions specifying installation scopes of work
- Assist in the development and training of personnel within the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Department
- Mentoring and assisting graduates and less experienced engineers
As an experienced electrical engineer, you will have:
- Significant engineering experience in the Oil & Gas, Nuclear and/or Water sector
- Extensive knowledge of UK legislation and standards
- Ideally an Honours Degree or better in electrical engineering (or similar subject)
- Chartered Engineer and Membership of the IET
- Competence in the specification and design of Safety Instrumented systems in line with IEC 61511 and IEC 61508
- Competence in the requirements for installation of instrumentation in process plants involving potentially explosive areas
- Experience in the requirements for CE marking of plant and equipment, including Atex, PED, Low Voltage Directive, Machinery Directive and EMC Compliance
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.