£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: car, benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8953
3 months ago
Reporting to the Marketing Controller, the successful Category Manager will have a proven track record of success in building category relationships within the FMCG food / consumer goods retailer market. You will be proactive in identifying commercial insights, finding solutions and managing a number of regular and ad-hoc projects. You must have a good working knowledge of market analysis systems (IRI/ Kantar/ Dunnhumby etc) with excellent knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint along with strong numerical, analytical and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
• Preparation of business plans, to include full P+L responsibility in conjunction with the Marketing Controller
• Preparation and execution of Category Plans
• Development of the medium/long term strategic plans to include recommendations for growth, investment and capital expenditure
• Represent the category both internally and externally
• Introduce effective controls, monitors, evaluation plans and actions to ensure achievement of agreed performance measures
• Prepare and execute customer range review presentations
• Analyse data and insight to provide meaningful reports and analysis internally and to customers with strategic recommendations
• Monitor, report on and counter, competitor activities
• Management of contracts and relationship with third parties
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.