£40000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: +package
+44 (0)151 666 8923
8 days ago
The organisation is going through a period of significant growth, and is therefore looking to add experienced resource in to the Design team to deliver on key projects for their end client.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will be leading multi‐discipline design teams covering the full project life cycle from concept design through to manufacture and commissioning. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be supporting the Principal in the delivery, and supporting more junior members within the team.
Key responsibilities will incluide:
- Produce, check and manage the production of concept, scheme and detail design drawings
- Produce, check and manage the production of technical documents
- Undertake hazard analysis on designs for CDM compliance and CE certification
- Produce designs that conform to relevant legislation, harmonised standards and client requirements
- Produce and maintain a technical file in accordance with Quality Assurance requirements
- Ensure designs addresses operability, maintainability, constructability, manufacturability and safety requirements
- Conduct design reviews to demonstrate compliance with relevant legislation, harmonised standards and client requirements
- Produce design justification reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified
- Produce a level of information (drawings, specifications, works instructions etc.) that enable manufacturing to take place
- Undertake design studies, producing reports on outcome while making recommendations
- Support the Business Creation process, being the technical lead within bid team
The successful candidate will be highly experienced at designing complex mechanical systems, such could include but not limited to:
- Materials handling equipment
- Remote handling systems
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Containment and shielding systems
- Decommissioning systems
Current SC/DV clearance and/or experience working within the nuclear sector is advantageous, but not essential for this position
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.