£50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: plus Good Pension, Private Health, Life Assurance, Bonus Circa (5-10%), Flexi Holiday Scheme, 26 days + 8 days holiday, Mon – Fri 8-4.
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
£50-60k plus Good Pension, Private Health, Life Assurance, Bonus Circa (5-10%), Flexi Holiday Scheme, 26 days + 8 days holiday, Mon – Fri 8-4.
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest manufacturers in the area, with a world renowned client based and over 300 staff present on site. This is a 24/7 facility offering real stability and long term opportunity to develop and progress.
Due to a restructure they have an opening for a Maintenance Manager to sit underneath the Site Engineering Manager and lead a team of 4 direct reports, who intern manage around 20-25 engineers.
This role is responsible for managing and leading the Maintenance Team to deliver safe and reliable production assets to the site. The role is in charge of the reliability, availability, integrity and performance of all safety and business critical systems and equipment.
Should you come from a manufacturing environment, where you’re used to leading people, working on projects and keep downtime to a minimum through your experience and processes then this role might suit you perfectly.
Specific initial projects for this role include pushing the site to continue in its PPM focused approach and looking at the structure of the stores for the 3 manufacturing areas and working with the team to develop a better more effective system for the business.
- Responsible for the development and succession planning of the maintenance team who will, through effective performance management, ensure optimum availability of plant & equipment and achieve &
- sustain top quartile performance.
- Responsible for maintenance optimisation across the Site. This involves the development and application of standardised processes, procedures and techniques that will substantially improve the reliability of the site.
- Leading by example, adhering to all site safety rules and policies.
- Encouraging correct behaviors;
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of OHSE legislation and taking the necessary steps
- to ensure Engineering compliance;
- Challenging co-workers, contractors and visitors who are not working safely;
- Participating in accident investigations and suggesting safety improvements;
- Promoting the use of the Near Miss system;
- Ensuring maintenance strategies are aligned with HSE and business targets.
- Identifying, implementing and complying with 6S activities
- Identifying and driving Engineering initiatives that will drive Quality improvements;
- Supporting Quality improvement programmes.
- Working closely with Operational Managers to support Waste improvement programmes
- Identifying and driving Engineering solutions that will minimise Waste production
- Ensure the proactive monitoring, review and analysis of plant and equipment to identify opportunities to maximise reliability and availability..
- Coordinate and manage the activities of the Maintenance Team, with a horizon timeline from the day to the year, to optimise production uptime.
- Ensure the quality of the maintenance data within the CMMS.
- Embedding an effective planning and scheduling process to achieve the business goals.
- Development and implementation of effective materials management, reducing downtime whilst effectively managing the budget.
- Stand in for the Site Engineering Manager when required.
- Promoting Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvements within Engineering across the site;
- Effective management of personal with strong leadership qualities and proven supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills. Proven ability to interact effectively at all organisation levels and encourage a team ethos across the function.
- Ability to work in a fast moving, customer focused environment whilst maintaining the highest ethical integrity.
- Ability to understand and respond effectively to the requirement of diverse groups and operations.
- Appropriate level of experience of implementing appropriate processes and procedures
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Good organisational skills
- Regulatory and legislative knowledge and experience ensuring compliance.
- Experience of Operational Engineering within a Manufacturing environment.
- Computer literacy required on windows-based applications and CMMS system.
- Commercially able with a sound understanding of budgetary process.
- Time served Engineer with developed experience in production engineering environment.
- HNC or equivalent.
- IOSH General Certificate
- Engineering knowledge of printing presses and blown film extrusion lines;(desirable but not essential)
- Experience in Maintenance and Asset Management
- Experience in maintenance strategy development
- Proven track record in materials management
- Proven track record in planning and scheduling
- Competency in Risk Based Inspection (RBI), Reliability Centred Maintenance
- (RCM) and Risk Based Spares (RBS)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.