£20000 - £26000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
Based in Cheshire
Petrochemical / Oil and Gas industries
£20,000 Plus £6,000 Shift Allowance
Our client is a multinational Oil and Gas and Petrochemical company is looking to appoint Laboratory Technician based at their site in Cheshire. The role will require the right person will Analyse samples in accordance with appropriate analytical test procedures and within customer requirements and where appropriate record results on appropriate IT system
- Responsible for analysis of samples in compliance with the client or company specified test methods ensuring (where appropriate) diagnosis is performed and / or results are reported within KPI
- Responsible, where appropriate, for accurately entering laboratory test data into relevant IT system ensuring (where appropriate) diagnosis is performed and / or results are reported within KPI.
- Where possible provide front line maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, allowing for the smooth and efficient operation of the laboratory.
- Promptly inform your Team Leader if a piece of equipment is not operating correctly to ensure KPI’s are met and minimising inaccuracies and errors.
- GCSE / ONC in a science subject. Chemistry is preferable
- GCSE Grade C (or similar) Mathematics, English Language
- Laboratory experience, preferably in the petrochemical industry, or similar working environment Desirable
- Experience of working in a fast moving, customer service role, delivering quality goods within fixed time scales
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.