£27 - £28 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
5 months ago
Our Client is a privately owned Civil, Structural, Rail and Transportation design consultancy. They have been awarded various framework agreements across public and private sector clients in the UK.
Due to an increase in workload, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Traffic Engineer to support them with schemes in Manchester on a contract basis (Outside IR35)
You will develop designs of various highways schemes as instructed by the Engineering Design Manager and Design Team Leader including walking and cycling schemes, public transport priority proposals, congestion management and road safety proposals.
You will have extensive Highway Design experience, including aspects of drainage design including SUDS, kerbing, road & footway surfacing and construction phasing. Have experience of contract management, compensation events, programme management and site experience. Have significant experience in use of CAD design.
- Understanding technical design.
- To support in the preparation of technical design and contract documents.
- Conducting feasibility studies leading to final design and implementation of schemes to current technical standards.
- To draft responses to queries in relation to schemes
- Carry out Site Visits and Risk Assessments.
- Assist with liaison and coordination of stakeholders to deliver projects to time scale and budget.
- Contract supervision.
- Health & Safety responsibility.
- Assist with CDM compliance.
- Problem solving.
- Preparing draft reports and business cases – technical and non-technical.
- Budget monitoring.
- Project supervision.
- Technical supervision.
- Assist with stakeholder communications.
- Procurement activity.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.