£32 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 2 months ago
Our Client is a privately owned Civil, Structural, Rail and Transportation design consultancy. They have been awarded various framework agreements across Public and Private Sector Clients in the UK.
Due to an increase in workload an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Traffic Engineer to support them with schemes in Manchester.
You will have the following experience:
- Design and implementation of large and complex parking restrictions.
- Movement orders, residents parking, experimental orders
- Traffic calming and other traffic schemes which may come from a range of sources including associated with S38/278 developer schemes and Citywide Highways client.
- S278/38 development experience and lead on the delivery of larger packages of work, providing support and guidance to junior members of staff.
- Drafting legal schedules on map based programmes, checking drafted notices and orders.
- Manage the process from inception to completion, including approval reports, consultation, legal and implementation along with financial and procurement accountability for the project.
- Work to Client brief in designing and / or approving appropriate traffic calming and / or Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) schemes based on current design guidance and legislation.
- Undertake feasibility studies when required.
- Close liaison with Legal Services to ensure accurate drafting and advertising of legal notices and plans.
- Provide effective administration and management of TRO records including using GIS based mapping system to ensure that robust enforcement can be undertaken and challenges defended.
- Lead on project communication with residents, businesses, other stakeholders and elected members throughout the duration of the scheme. Lead on answering enquiries and complaints and organising and running consultation events.
- Produce technical drawings, approval reports, TRO schedules and robust management of scheme documents. Provide technical supervision to junior team members.
- Budget and project management of schemes.
- Comply with CDM requirements and Health and Safety legislation.
- Work with other sections and developers to ensure a joined up approach to traffic management across the city.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.