£32 - £33 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
28 days ago
Our Client is a privately owned Civil, Structural, Rail and Transportaion design consultancy. They have been awarded various framework agreements across Public and Private Sector Clients in the UK.
Due to an increase in workload an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Highways Engineer to support them with a contract in Manchester.
You will have experience in the following areas:
Developing and approving designs of various highways schemes including walking and cycling schemes, public transport priority proposals, congestion management and road safety proposals.
Highway Design, including aspects of drainage design including SUDS, kerbing, road & footway surfacing and construction phasing. Have experience of contract management, compensation events, programme management and site experience.
Key commission responsibilities:
- Provide direct support to the Engineering Design Manager.
- Provide leadership to the team (Sustainable Projects/Engineering Design).
- Responsibility for the design of multiple schemes including minor highways design, sustainable transport, traffic engineering, cycling & walking, landscape architecture and residents parking.
- Support feasibility studies, consultations and surveys.
- Carry out the duties of Principal Designer in accordance with CDM 2015.
- To prepare technical designs and contract documents.
- Overseeing feasibility studies leading to final design and implementation of schemes to current technical standards.
- Formulate project plans and liaison and coordination of stakeholders to deliver project to timescale and budget.
- Contract management i.e. management and monitoring or delivery & direction.
- Report writing/business cases – technical and non-technical.
- Resource planning and budget management.
- Project management and technical supervision.
- Assist to motivate the Engineering Design team, to ensure effective performance is delivered and to support the personal development of the team.
- Assist to promote continuous improvement and innovation across the Engineering Design team to ensure that work is conducted in a manner that takes into consideration wider stakeholders, political nuance and the long-term strategic aims.
- Plan and manage own CPD to ensure continuing development of design skills, and awareness and understanding of industry best practices.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.