£50000 - £52000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
5 months ago
Our Client works in partnership with a range of clients, providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks. The projects are both major design and local network improvements.
The RoleThey are looking to recruit a Highway Design Team Leader to lead an additional team in the North West. You will work as a Senior engineer within the Highways and Designated Funds Design team and alongside their Client.
You will provide effective support and assistance to the Highways and Designated Funds Manager. In this role you will oversee multiple highways schemes at any one time and have line management responsibility for a team of 3-4 highways designers.
We work collaboratively with their Client in a shared office space, creating innovative solutions to complex highways design problems. They have a friendly team of 45+ staff and offer free onsite parking. There is a short walk from the nearest train station. They work flexibly around their core hours of 10-3 with tailored home/office working possible post Covid.
As a Highway Design Team Leader, you’ll see your schemes progress from early design to Construction, with every project being different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
- Drive effective health and safety practices within your Design Team
- Work with the Principal Designer and Discipline Manager(s) to lead designs within a discipline
- Liaise with the Client and our Community partners to ensure solutions that are developed are suitable for buildability and maintainability
- Ensure all aspects of the design are communicated between disciplines
- Ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
- Work with the Programme Delivery Manager to ensure schemes are delivery to the programme and within the agreed budgets
- Develop, and provide guidance to, less experienced staff
- Check or approve designs, design reports and other technical documents
- Check or approve design calculations
- Provide commercial information to the Design Manager and Commercial Manager for Work Package pricing
- Ensure innovation and best practice is highlighted and adopted where practicable
We want to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
- You are able to demonstrate developed experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in a Civil Engineer role or equivalent
- You are able to demonstrate an ability to produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements with the experience to check and approve documents
- You are experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations Technical report writings skills and associated knowledge
- You are experienced in the application of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
- You have knowledge of technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
- You have the ability to lead design on schemes with support from Graduates and Assistant Engineers
- You have the ability to solve problems in collaboration with clients and other stakeholders
- Experience of mentoring and/or coaching less experienced staff
In return:Our rewards make us better people. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why our Client has worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.