££competitive, car, bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8953
2 months ago
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, the Head of International Trade will lead a team specialising in advising the wider business on customs clearance, incoterms, taxation, rules of origin etc. This also includes contracting and contract management of all business services with external vendors.
The successful Head of International Trade (Import/Export) will have extensive knowledge and experience of Import Export within a large FMCG manufacturing environment. Ideally you will have knowledge of customs requirements for food based products or products facing similar regulatory requirements (eg pharma).
Head of International Trade responsibilities include:
• Leadership of the Import/Export strategy to support business optimisation and growth
• Formulation of Group wide policies relating to Customs procedures, duties, preference, origin and restrictions to imports and exports.
• Key member of the Supply Chain Leadership Team acting as key senior point of contact externally with regulatory bodies and industry forums.
• Senior point of contact for all Customers (for Import/Export matters)
• Planning and execution of all associated Import/Export budgets
• Approval of weekly transport/agents invoices and monthly site transport accounts inline with the business P&L.
• Continuously challenging and improving the cost base through identification and management of value stream projects with the operations teams and customer base.
• Continually analysis transport flows and bench marking costs to identify savings opportunities.
• Supplier contracting and contract management of 3rd parties monitoring to agreed KPIs.
• To monitor and audit the Groups systems and processes to ensure compliance with customs and other regulators requirements.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.