£50000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Bonus 5-10% and Other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
5 months ago
£50-55k, Days, Pension, Occupational Health, holiday, Bonus (5-10%)
Are you a Maintenance Manager who is keen to join a well established business with an ever increasing order book and oversee an experienced engineering team. We are looking for someone to be accountable for the maintenance operation and play an integral role in the establishment of a strong and sustainable safety and performance culture on our clients site.
You’ll be responsible for leading our maintenance systems, both reactive and pro-active, continuous improvement of the manufacturing process and executing long-term strategic plans. You will also be required to manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading in modern manufacturing principles and driving increased machine availability. Implement and manage continuous improvement principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
If you enjoy projects, there are 2/3 large scale CAPEX project in the pipeline in the next 2/3 years that will require your support to bring in and then outline and implement a maintenance structure on.
- Design, prove, implement and maintain production systems to deliver product on time, to quality requirements and to cost
- Drive functional excellence of the production engineering team
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site
- Develop and maintain project plans and budget profiles to ensure delivery of milestones to agreed cost targets and timescales
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Analyse downtime, identify trends and develop solutions
- Audit and ensure compliance of the engineering data systems
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the Shift management
- Optimise equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure
- Assist the departmental director in the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility and ensure they are working to the overall plan.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualification; electrical/electronics
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance management role
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.