£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8954
about 1 month ago
£30,000- £35,000 (DOE)
Monday to Friday Days Based
Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Telford, Oswestry, Market Drayton, Whitchurch, Church Stretton, Welshpool, Shropshire, West Midlands.
A leading FMCG Food manufacturer is currently recruiting for an Assistant Technical Manager to join the team due to a recent internal promotion. This role will report to the Site Technical Manager and will work closely with Production Teams.
The Assistant Technical Manager will have previous experience of working in a food manufacturing environment, with chilled, protein or meat manufacturing being highly advantageous. You will need formal HACCP Qualifications, Food Safety qualifications, and experience with conducting Audits. Formal food degree would be highly desirable but not essential.
Assistant Technical Manager Responsibilities:
• Management of QA systems to ensure product is manufactured to the perceived quality.
• Management and initiation of investigations in conjunction with the Site Technical Manager, Factory Manager, Production Managers and Maintenance functions
• Providing support for all Factory Audits of the site and ensuring non-conformances are pursued to an agreed solution
• Ensuring effective filing of documentation to facilitate customer audits and internal verification.
• Validation of the processes and all follow the HACCP plan.
• Providing information as requested by customers.
• Carry out any other reasonable requests that help drive the business forward.
• Supporting the Technical Manager in carrying out Customer and Third Party audits.
• Ensuring analytical and organoleptic samples are tested to schedule.
• Complaints are dealt with and actioned in a timely manner.
• Ensure quality paperwork is handed in, checked and filed correctly.
• Monitor site hygiene and liaise with the relevant managers.
Applications via CV submission only
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.