£22000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) rising each year after 5 years service to a maximum of 30 days, life insurance, private medical, 7% pension contribution
+44 (0)151 666 8923
about 1 month ago
This global organisation based is going from strength to strength. With labs and offices worldwide, they test, inspect and certify a wide range of products – from every day household items to cutting edge technology. This role is to ensure all products tested meet requirements expected for safety, performance and environmental impact.
- Performs within established DQD guidelines
- Prepares Test Lab Work Orders and Special Testing Documentation
- Provides necessary guidance to Lab Technicians to ensure proper application of requirements and data collections methods are in line
- Set-ups and operates all test equipment within an assigned product area with supervision
- Demonstrates an understanding of the test method for common tests and ability to correctly specify a test plan
- Demonstrates the ability to record and report evaluation, tests and calculations capturing all relevant data required by each standard with supervision
- Conducts witness test programs at manufacturer’s accredited laboratory as needed with supervision.
- Degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering is preferred, but will consider those with other forms of qualification/certifications if have relevant industry experience
- 3 years industry experience, ideally working within a testing or a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Testing/certification experience to some or all the following standards: 60079/11; 60079/15; 60079/18; 60079/01; 60079/07
- Ability to manage own workload, team and project portfolios
- Knowledge of Laboratory instrumentation, including operating principles and calibration procedures, as well as general Laboratory procedures
- Ability to present written and verbal communication in a clear manner using the appropriate template with only minimal checking by a supervisor
- Use of various lab equipment, instruments and tools
- Ability to read, interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and test data
This is a great opportunity to join a company that invests in their employees, creates great career opportunities, and supports each and every one of their employees’ career goals and technical up skilling.
In return for your hard work and thirst for learning, our client offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including, but not exclusively, a pension scheme of 7% employers contribution, 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) rising each year after 5 years service to a maximum of 30 days, life insurance, private medical, fitness & health benefit, and hybrid & electrical subsidy, and 5 days annual leave carry over allowance.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.