£15 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 month ago
3 months +
Our Client is a UK based Technology and engineering company. They provide smart infrastructure solutions to the transportation, energy and water sectors.
Due to a successful contract award with one of the UK’s largest Gas Distribution Company an opportunity has arisen for an Office Manager to support their Leicester office on a contract basis.
Your responsibility as an office manager is to oversee the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the project, organising people, information, and other resources. The Office manager will ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
Operating 4 of the 8 UK Gas Distribution Networks (East of England, London, North West and West Midlands). Their service spans over 131,000 kilometres of pipes supplying to 11 million homes & businesses.
- Create a safe office and welfare environment
- Procurement of all office supplies to include all stationery and kitchen consumables
- Management of new starters including ordering IT equipment and undertaking new starter checks
- Diary management of senior members of the team
- Preparation and updating of the Office HASEMP
- Assisting visitors, providing them with the reasonable resources they may need during their visit
- Ensuring all meeting rooms function correctly and are presented appropriately for meetings, clean, clear of any rubbish and used crockery, stocked with consumables and functioning IT
- Management of all hot desk and meeting room bookings to ensure the efficient use of resources
- Management of reception and switchboard services
- Enforcement of agreed office occupational protocols / actively consider ways in which improvements could be made
- Conducting office inductions and familiarisation visits
- Management of the office kitchen, ensuing it is kept tidy during the day and well stocked
- Management of all incoming and outgoing post
- Organisation of events based around promotion of well-being and team bonding
- Management of first aid and fire warden arrangements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer care skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- A calm and measured demeanour
- Proven experience in leading a team
- Innovative, flexible and willing to adapt
- Ability to influence and persuade
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.