North West England
£25000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 month ago
Full time / Permanent – North West
Salary Competitive DOE
My client is a looking for a Microbiology Technician to join the business on a permanent basis. This role has come about due to rapid growth, and it’s a very exciting time to join the team.
Lots of opportunities to really develop your career within a stable and growing business, rewarded with a competitive salary.
This opportunity as Microbiology Technician reports into Microbiology manager.
Duties will include:
- Testing food, feed and environmental samples using methodology accurately
- Routinely use standard laboratory equipment during the course of analysis
- Develop knowledge of methods
- Organise and plan daily workloads to meet Turn Around Times (TAT’s)
- Safe handling of organisms, awareness of laboratory hazards Media preparation
- Carrying out daily calibrations and monitoring equipment
- Undertake other responsibilities as and when required and in accordance with the seniority of the position
- Ensure that a health & safety culture, policies and procedures are promoted, communicated and implemented effectively in order to minimise risk
- To comply with Company policies and procedures
To be considered for this role, candidates are required to have:
- Working knowledge of feed/food methods
- BSc in Microbiology
- High standard of dexterity
- Broad knowledge of quality services and the factors involved in delivering a quality service to ISO 17025 standards
- Understanding and proficiency with Laboratory IT systems
To apply please forward your details for immediate consideration.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.