£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Development Opportunity, Other Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 month ago
£45-50k - Pension, Holiday,
Our client is an expanding multinational design, engineering and manufacturing business based across sites in the northwest and north Wales and Holland. The business has been in existence for over 50 years and specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of their own patented transport and logistics solutions working with some of the biggest brands in the sector on projects all over the UK and overseas.
It’s a fantastic time for the business at the moment who are about to move into a brand new 80,000 sq ft new factory out by the airport and amalgamate their two north west based sites into one, and also give them much greater capacity to continue their expansion. This will come with all new offices and design space so will be an excellent place to work.
They are looking to add a Senior and Junior Mechanical Design Engineer to their team of 6 based around the workload and continued growth of the business. You will become part of the design team who will be working on a combination of new and existing product design of our clients industry leading loading systems.
This suits someone who is keen to learn a new product range but has the experience to come in and use their prior knowledge to take ownership of projects and have involvement with the build teams and installation team on site to see a full project through from conception to commissioning.
The ideal candidate will come from a design background with mechanical bias working on the design of industrial machinery, loading systems, handing equipment, material transport systems or similar and be used to working on the Solidworks or CATIA CAD package. Industry wise our client operates within the logistics, manufacturing and transport sectors, so anyone keen to work with some of the biggest clients within these areas would be suited.
There is progression opportunity within this role to senior technical roles for the right individual.
- Design of brand new and modification and redesign of existing loading system technology
- Working as part of a team of 6 M&E Design Engineers to deliver cutting edge solutions to a variety of markets
- The ability to reverse engineer and complete BOM
- The role will at senior level expect someone to be able to control and manage their own projects, from brand new design through to working with the build team on site in Liverpool and Anglesey, through to seeing the products installed all over the UK (this role is based in Liverpool, but you maybe needed very occasionally to attend client site)
- Work with clients on occasion to establish their needs and requirements and deliver new designs within certain lead times to specification
- Material selection and building test rigs where needed is something you are expected to support/oversee
- Our client are a CI focused business, so any improvement opportunities you see to the manufacturing process or design process you are expected to contribute
- Experience on Solidworks/CATIA is a must for this role
- The ability to work side by side with Electrical/Controls Design and installation teams and integrate these systems into your designs
- The ability to organise and delegate work to different stakeholders to ensure build and install takes place of your design on time and support with budgetary control.
- Someone who is keen to progress into a more technical leadership based role in the future might suit this role with opportunities that may arise.
- Be prepared to support the development of junior design engineers in the team and delegate work when needed
Mechanical Engineering Qualification (HND or Degree Preferred) but will consider time served with experience
Proficient use of Solidworks or CATIA Design Package
Experience working on the design of industrial machinery, loading systems, handing equipment, material transport systems or similar is key
Be prepared to travel between sites in Liverpool and Anglesey on occasion(travel and subsidence expenses covered)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.