£40 - £50 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8918
6 months ago
8 - 12 months
Our client is a prestigious defence organisation based in the South West. Operating across multiple sites, it is one of the country's largest high technology operations and a UK Top 25 Best Big Company for 2021.
Due to maternity leave a requirement exists for a Tax Manager for an 8 – 12 month contract. Please note that this role will require undergoing Security Clearance.
The successful applicant will be a fully Qualified Accountant (CTA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with line management experience.
Key requirements include:
- Strong accounting and UK tax background. A basic knowledge of US and French taxes is desirable
- Comfortable working independently with a low level of supervision
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get into and question the detail
- Experience of operating within a formalised internal control framework
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commercially aware with strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Strong excel skills
- Working knowledge of Oracle is desirable
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Manage and deliver all financial activities as assigned to time, cost and quality
- Team management and leadership, providing guidance and ensuring performance
- Maintain a rigorous internal finance control and governance framework
- Provision of financial information on a timely basis
- Analysis and interpretation of financial information as required
- Monitoring and reporting of compliance with financial processes
- Ensuring integrity of financial information
- Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Training and development of assigned team
- Coordination and planning of team deliverables
- Leading by example to create a high performing team
Please note that due to the nature of work undertaken this role will require Security Clearance and applications can only be considered from British Nationals who have been resident in the UK for the last 10 years.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.