£45306 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Additional Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
6 months ago
£45306 including rota pay, 39days total (30 plus 8 bank holidays and Warrington Waling Day), Good Pension, Life Assurance, Private Medical Option Including Family, Cycle to work,
This is a days based role Mon – Fri 8-4pm, there is an on call requirement for 1 week every 8-10 weeks and also one weekend in rotation, these days are given back in lieu and rotate as to which days they are.
A fantastic opportunity due to promotion and retirement for 2 Mechanical Maintenance Engineers to join a large manufacturing site based in Warrington, with exceptional benefits.
Should you want to join a business where you’ll have a clear development plan over the next 2-4 years then this role would be suited to you. Subject to the successful completion of a Training and Development our client look to appoint Technicians to Lead Technician Status bringing a substantial pay increase and allowing the role to become more self supervising.
- To maintain all of the mechanical plant and equipment on the Warrington Site.
- The equipment is to be maintained in a safe and efficient manner so as to ensure
- maximum plant reliability.
- The technician will be involved with the commissioning of new equipment and will
- interact with other members of the plant’s maintenance and production teams.
- Investigate faults and repair mechanical plant and equipment.
- Carry out planned maintenance schedules in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system to minimise downtime and contribute to the achievement of production targets.
- The inspection, maintenance and adjustments of mechanical plant and associated equipment in accordance with necessary GMP and API standards.
- Clear understanding of pumps, blowers, conveyors, piping systems, high speed micronisers/mills, palletisers/packing machines, and hydraulic equipment.
- Able to prioritise their work load and work on their own initiative.
- To actively participate as part of the Mechanical team and assist with Electrical as required.
- To actively participate in meetings, reliability studies and RCAs to assist in making improvements.
- Proactively identify and progress minor improvement projects.
- Liaising with suppliers of mechanical equipment to ensure the correct specification and procurement of spares.
- Adhere to SHE principles, demonstrating commitment to safety through language, willingness to learn, behaviour and actions, complying with safety practices and committed to zero tolerance of unsafe acts.
- Fully familiar with the permit to work system and isolation procedures and carry out
- Mechanical isolations of Process Equipment.
- Motivated and eager to contribute to continuous improvement both at a personal and team
- Ability to safely undertake basic electrical & instrumentation tasks, e.g. motor disconnect/reconnect. Note : training will be provided as necessary.
Good IT skills, building on existing proficiency and developing competence in the Company's systems
The job holder ideally will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Mechanical engineering roles within industry (FMCG, Process, Packaging, Food or Automotive)
Recognised apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme, supplemented by training
HNC in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent and/ or relevant experience.
Excellent understanding of all process plants and able to diagnose faults on Process Equipment
The Mechanical Technician will be expected to become conversant with SAP system as used within the Engineering Department.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.