£29 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8970
14 days ago
- Nuclear clearance is essential for this position (DV or SC Levels ONLY)
- Experience in Nuclear Decommissioning
- Previous work history of Nuclear sites
To perform activities and carry out assessments on tasks, equipment or environments, which have radiological impact.
To ensure compliance with Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017and as instructed by the Radiation Protection Supervisor.
Carry out tasks as required for specific projects including:
- radiological surveys and analyses
- routine Health Physics tasks including –
- Response checks of instrumentation
- Monitoring of personnel and areas
- Designated area access / egress control
- Air sampling
- PPE / RPE inspection
- Possible use of specialised RPE, i.e. PBASO (pressurised breathing air suit operative)
- Working party compliance with radiological controls
- clearance monitoring
- decontamination of areas, items and personnel
- Prepare and maintain all necessary records, and associated documentation
- Assist project engineers as necessary with work/test instructions and studies
- Report progress and results to the RPS / Supervisor / Site Manager
There may also be the opportunity for a permanent placement with the client, this will be discussed at interview.
6-12 months initially
If you are interested in this role and you meet all of the requirements listed above, please apply to this advert with your updated CV and i will contact you regarding your application.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.