North West England
Salary Negotiable DOE
+44 (0)151 666 8999
20 days ago
Full time / Permanent – North West
Hours of work: (these hours are fixed)
8.00 am – 5 pm Monday – Thursday, with a 30 minute lunch break
8.00 am – 1.00 pm Friday
Salary 45k – 55k DOE
My client is a looking for a Quality Control Manager to join the business on a permanent basis. They are a full-service partner for the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry. They make vitamins, minerals, health supplements and speciality tablet solutions together with advanced packaging technologies making them a proud leader in contract manufacturing for the nutritional (nutraceutical) industry. With a strong focus on our customers’ requirements. The company is enjoying a period of huge growth, currently employing circa 350 people and have an annual turnover of £65m.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Control manager to oversee the running of the QC laboratories and functions.
You will need to work closely with other departments managing the expectations and transfers of internal projects.
Duties will include:
- Ensure all analytical instrumentation is calibrated and maintained to GMP standards
- Support in the timely release of raw materials and finished products
- Provide technical support to the QC team and other business functions where necessary
- Develop departmental KPIs to accurately monitor performance
- Ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the work area and to ensure a standard of good
- Housekeeping in all areas of the Company.
- Continually assess QC business risk associated with the QC department
- Where necessary develop and document justifications for investment or resource
- BSc equivalent or higher in a science based subject
- Experience within a highly regulated sector such as food, pharma, medical devices
- Line management experience
- Good communicator, to build effective relationships with other departments
- Methodical, organised and have an excellent attention to detail.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.