Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Project Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical manufacturing business, based in the North West.
The Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for the leadership and co-ordination of the critical process engineering packages within the project expansion programme and will operate as a key member of the project leadership team, responsible for the delivery of the technically challenging programme of work packages in terms of time, cost and quality. They will also be responsible for:
- Leadership, co-ordination and motivation of a cross functional team including internal and external technical specialists, designers and equipment suppliers.
- Leading the internal team through the full project lifecycle from Basic Design, procurement, fabrication and installation through to commissioning, qualification and start up
- Lead the development and manage the delivery of strategy, programme, estimate and cost plan including off site pre-fabrication and testing, supported by the project controls team
- Ensuring the co-ordination of the package design with other critical facility and process equipment work packages
- Ensuring the co-ordination of the installation and start up of the process packages with the overall project programme alongside ongoing site activities and business critical site shutdowns
The Engineering Project Manager will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of Project Management in a Pharmaceutical Engineering environment leading both internal and external multi-skilled teams. They should have a sound understanding of the project delivery process from design, procurement, installation, commissioning and qualification in a GMP environment and the ability to lead and motivate multi-skilled teams to overcome technical and delivery challenges and ensure project milestones continue to be met.
The following attributes would be exceptionally advantageous:
- A recognised Degree or equivalent in an engineering biased subject
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non- technical disciplines, manufacturing personnel and senior management, both internally and externally.
- Sound engineering knowledge and experience to enable effective appreciation of the customer's requirements and the environment in which the solution will be required to operate
- The ability to think beyond the boundaries and challenge the status- quo
- The ability to develop innovative and practical design solutions to technical problems
- The ability to influence and manage internal and external resources to ensure the timely success of the project
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.