Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
1 day ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Technology Manager to join a leading design consultancy who specialise in Rail and Public Transport industry sectors.
The Project Technology Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining the UK Technology Strategy including:
- Advising on planned upgrades, usage, value and provide recommendations
- Ensuring the project technology systems are maintained, developed, and integrated in a progressive and efficient manner, provide reporting
- Advising and supporting projects in their use of appropriate technology for project delivery
- Co-ordinating and facilitating project centric application of technologies within the UK to meet Project Delivery requirements
- Assessing and reviewing emerging and competing software and hardware systems and making recommendations on the investment strategy
- Providing guidance on options associated with incremental change associated with existing and future software and services
- Acting as single point of contact for all design and analysis software vendors relating to their current and future strategy and managing associated contracts
- Forming an effective and proactive channel between central resources, professional technology representatives, project practitioners and the promoting of good technology use within the business
They will lead a centralised team of project technology staff in organising and delivering technical application solutions and coordinate and facilitate business wide project centric application of technologies, specifically providing specialist knowledge in Bentley and Autodesk platforms. They will be required to liaise and coordinate with the ICT team in the testing, configuration and deployment of project technology based applications and services and ensure all upgrade and new technology is managed and communicated effectively,
providing a cradle to grave service including; requirements definition, solution development, selection, testing, configuration, deployment, aftercare Training, briefing and technical support.
Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a strategic dialogue with disciplines to assess future directions and project requirements, provide an understanding of the potential of new applications and processes and their implementation in the business to reflect industry needs and requirements
- Completing and coordinating the application lifecycle validation process for technical solutions, work with ICT and designated users ensuring validation and appropriate deployment
- Developing and maintaining a network of industry contacts and involvement in external user groups to inform the business of industry trends
- Providing and supporting user skill assessment, advise and recommend training arrangements in liaison with HR Learning and Development team
- Supporting and carrying out application lifecycle, co-ordinate the testing, configuration, deployment, of new and existing digital technologies
- Maintaining the configuration of the Bentley / Autodesk / ESRI back office to reflect emerging technology, project and process needs
The Project Technology Manager will have proven experience in the adoption of technology to deliver complex projects, primarily using Bentley Systems platforms, applications and services and experience of the application and management of design systems to deliver projects. They will have a robust knowledge and understanding of the effective application of technology within a challenging design environment and a customer focused approach to project technology management and use.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.