+44 (0)151 666 8918
3 months ago
to end of November 2021
Scantec are currently looking for and IT Tester for one of our most prestigious clients.
- Ensuring that testing is carried out to agreed corporate standards utilizing resources from third-party integrators and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from user departments as appropriate.
- Responsible for the delivery of one or more concurrent test activities within the IT schedule of work or designated Solution Centre. Typically, the engineer will be required to work alone, seeking guidance and assistance as necessary, but for larger elements of work may lead and work as part of a team.
- Delivery timescales and quality goals will be agreed, to which the test analyst is expected to deliver at all times, taking action as appropriate to ensure that delivery or quality is not compromised.
- Produce required documentation to support all phases of the system development process.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Write the detailed test plan, scripts and report.
- Analyse a system to identify the test conditions and test scripts required to test the software item, meeting the requirements of the approach defined in the test plan.
- Derive tests from requirements, design documents and user input and report on test coverage and traceability to the business requirements.
- Analyse the risks present in the software item under test, and the creation of test material that reflects the mitigation of those risks.
- Execute and record tests in accordance with the defined test process and the test plan/test schedule.
- Ensure that test incidents are raised and documented in accordance with the agreed process.
- Maintain the integrity of the test environment during test execution.
- Arrange and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities appropriately for the project deliveries.
- Develop their own technical skills and knowledge in line with the needs and requirements of the project and business.
- Produce progress reports as directed.
- Provide estimates with reasonable accuracy of the effort required to complete tasks assigned to them, and reporting on the status of those tasks.
- Contribute to overall corporate test process improvement by participating in setting objectives to improve service, process, methods and efficiency.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- ISEB Foundation in Software testing or similar
- Able to test software applications to industry standard techniques in a software development lifecycle.
- Able to produce Test Plans, Test reports, test cases and Defects.
- Carry out risk based analysis to ensure the priority test are run.
- Perform System integration testing and manage user acceptance testing.
- Test data transfer integrations with basic knowledge of SQL queries, (azure or similar cloud experience is beneficial).
- Work in project team of Developers , Business analysts, project managers and end users.
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.