£35000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
3 months ago
Our Client is one of the UK's leading Highway service provider, they build, maintain and operate over 30,000 km of road, bridges and tunnels. They pride themselves on shaping the future.
Due to an exciting new contract award, opportunities have arisen for Engineers and Senior Engineers to join their team in Manchester on a permanent basis. These roles are flexible and can be fully remote or a blend of office and home based.
- You will carry out highway scheme identification, study work and prepare detailed designs for maintenance and improvement schemes.
- You will be required to mentor other staff in the highways design team whenever necessary.
- Other elements of the role will involve the need to design and deliver cost effective, buildable and technically sound design solutions for Highways schemes in accordance with the forward programme.
- You will contribute to the successful delivery of the programme of work by designing, developing and overseeing sound design solutions to meet client requirements within budget and timescale.
- The Senior Highways Engineer will review and approve design calculations, drawings and tender/contract documents. Production or overseeing of scheme documents, including BoQs and reports in accordance with the relevant contract.
- Ensure suitable site investigations are undertaken as part of design, including a focus on ensuring there are no clashes with buried services.
- Degree/Higher National Certificate/Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- C Eng/ I Eng with appropriate Institution (ICE, CIHT, RGS, CIWEM) (desirable or working towards)
- Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway assets Knowledge of design using DMRB and other Highways England standards.
- Civil 3D
- The Senior Engineer will have experience of leading and managing technical compliance checks for project team outputs.
- Full UK driving licence
Competitive salary, benefits and a successful future:
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package
Matched pension scheme up to 7.5%
26 days' annual leave + bank holidays (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday)
Two employee Share Scheme options (Sharesave and Share Incentive Plan).
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, our Client will undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job.
This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment.
Thinking. Doing. Innovating. Delivering.
You will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Our Client is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all of their applicants and employees. They appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.