£34000 per annum, Benefits: Plant bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8943
9 days ago
Days, Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm (40 hours pw)
A leading FMCG Manufacturer is seeking a Facilities Engineer to join their growing facilities services team. This role is brand new to support the growth and is responsible for the general day-to-day buildings, site services/utilities and Water Treatment Plant maintenance activities; by both overseeing/organising a Facilities Team of two & being hands-on in the role.
The role will cover and have an oversight of all site services/utilities industrial equipment, Fire Sprinkler systems, Boilers, Steam Distribution systems, Air Compressors, Dryers, Chiller’s, Power Generators, Water softeners and Water Treatment Plant etc., along with the buildings and grounds maintenance which includes, general office, doors, lighting, toilets, drains, guttering, roadway repairs etc.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Practice & encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards.
- Actively contribute to & support all site wide EHS initiatives & safety programs such as SWOP, IHP, EHS & Quality Observation program.
- Ensure adequate resources are in place to deliver the key elements of the facilities role, providing shift cover for holidays and absences in conjunction with the Facilities Area Engineering Supervisor.
- Daily, Weekly checks & maintenance of Compressed Air systems, Boilers, Chiller’s, Sprinkler system, Water Treatment systems & Power Generators.
- Legionella control checks and site wide WC facilities, inspection, repairs etc.
- Arranging & overseeing septic & interceptor tank emptying and maintenance checks.
- Arranging & overseeing specialist contractors for maintenance and compliance inspections, Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler system, Air Conditioning, Chiller’s, Boilers, CCTV etc. as required.
- Organising, Issuing & Managing Permits to Work, Risk Assessment and Method Statements of specialist contractors to site.
We are looking for somebody with a min of 5 years previous experience in Facilities maintenance and/or Engineering maintenance role. You would need to have the required knowledge of Industrial site services/utilities equipment, Site services regulatory compliance, Fire Alarm, Sprinkler systems, CCTV, Water Treatment, Boilers, Compressors.
Preferably you will be apprentice trained and have good academic qualifications (C&G / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.