£33000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8954
10 days ago
FMCG Chilled food Manufacturer
£33,000 (DOE) + benefits
Boston, Sleaford, Grantham, Newark-on-Trent, Lincoln, Lincolnshire
A blue chip FMCG chilled foods manufacturer is now recruiting a Process Technologist to join their Development team.
Reporting to the Process Manager, the successful Process Technologist will work to ensure the smooth transition of newly approved products from concept through to launch, ensuring the technical and quality standards are achieved. The Process Technologist will be required to challenge current factory processes and look for improvements, efficiencies and value engineering. You will be required to take new test approved products through the development process onto full scale factory launch ensuring the safety, legality and quality of those products.
The successful Process Technologist will ideally be educated to degree / equivalent level in a food or science related discipline with an understanding / experience in a technical or NPD position in a food manufacturing environment.
Process Technologist responsibilities include:
• Co-ordinate Pre-Production and Launch preparation.
• Alongside Production and NPD team facilitate the transfer of new products from the Development stage into the factory.
• Assist with new product factory trials in-line with Customer requirements and as instructed by Line Manager.
• Secure and submit appropriate samples as requested by Customer as well as those for analysis e.g. Microbiological, for organoleptic evaluation and for transit trials
• Document all data from trials, comprehensively for future review in order to establish process capabilities and support due diligence.
• Plan and organise resources to achieve the day to day delivery of trials etc, in-line with Project timescales.
• Working with NPD and Operations establish appropriate quality attributes for work in progress material, assembly and finished product taking into account operational capabilities.
• Carry out ongoing Process validation of relevant factory equipment to ensure site due diligence requirements are met.
• Contribute to post launch evaluation of process in conjunction with NPD to ensure process established at launch is still valid for full scale production and implement improvements as necessary
• To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to heath, safety and the environment
• Identify necessary safety and quality checks for each new product.
Applications via CV Submission
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.