£28000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
3 months ago
The role of Ingredients Recipe Management Specialist (IRM) sits within the technical function and focuses on the technical, food safety and regulatory compliance of raw materials and finished goods across their global portfolio of products. You will work closely with suppliers, co manufactures and internal QA, NPD and regulatory teams to coordinate IRM activities to ensure finished goods meet the required product specification of each global market.
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level in a scientific subject with HACCP and Food safety certification, knowledge and experience. You will ideally work in a food manufacturing or pharmaceutical business with excellent knowledge of finished products, ingredients and manufacturing processes.
IRM Specialist responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate IRM activities related to compliance, complexity reduction and ingredient and recipe management at factory level
- Ensure application of the compliance processes to new and existing products
- Establish and validate with the different markets the finished product specification / declaration, and provide other needed documents for Regulatory Submissions upon request
- Assist the New Product Development team in developing compliant formulations within safety, legal and nutritional requirements
- Coordinate stability monitoring programmes for Innovation and Renovation projects
- Assist with maintenance of the Hamilton Grant recipe developer database
- Responsible for defining corrective actions in case of non-compliance, and providing follow-up information to ensure any compliance issues are rectified
- Assist the specifications team with selection and approval of raw materials according to defined internal standards
- Act as a technical proof for labels and marketing literature
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.