£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
14 days ago
This role has a huge amount of scope for you to really develop and progress your career with a leader in their field. The company will fund and support any further training and qualifications.
EHS Advisor - Role purpose:
- To support the site Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) functions and to ensure the required results in key task areas.
- To strive to deliver continual improvement in environmental, safety and health across site.
- To support the implementation of a comprehensive annual plan for the safety, health and environmental team.
- To provide support on EHS at all levels across the organisation.
- Support development of all environmental systems across site through safety and health implementation of ISO 50001 and 14001.
- Keeping departmental managers informed on Environmental, Safety and Health matters throughout the site .
- Ensuring that relevant ESH inspections and audits are carried out at regular intervals and ensuring that departmental managers are aware of any matters needing attention as specified in audit plan.
- Conduct defined site inspections, i.e. Waste walks, Odour checks and air and water leaks.
- Conduct frequent informal tours of the production plants and departments, i.e. to check on Pre-Start Check completion & PPE adherence.
- Conduct audits of the WTP including discharge data and working practices.
- Conduct manual handling, push/pull and repetitive task risk assessments using the HSE templates
- Conduct briefs and deliver informal internal training with departments.
- Actively promote safety and health awareness and consideration at all levels.
- Support delivery of ESH awareness campaigns and wellbeing events throughout the year.
- Support preparation for and involvement with SHE visits and audits.
- Assist with the management and updating of the electronic reporting system
- Drive investigations in relation to environmental impacts.
- Support/lead preparation for audits in relation to environmental, safety and health.
- Record, analyse and communicate Environmental, Safety & Health statistics
We are looking for a strong team player with a ‘can do’ attitude; ability to interface and influence people at all levels of the organisation. Ideally 2 years’ minimum relevant experience within a similar role. Knowledge & experience of Environmental legislation and compliance would be an advantage.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent qualification would be preferred but not essential.
- Recognised environmental qualification i.e. IEMA Foundation certificate or similar would be preferred
- Recognised safety qualification such as IOSH
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.