£38000 - £38500 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
14 days ago
As an Electrical Technician on shift, you would be responsible for providing engineering support to achieve the plant production targets & PPM completion rate to KPI target levels. You would be required to actively take part in and (on occasion) lead the Engineering Team in areas such as breakdown response, PPM, Continuous Improvement (CI) Initiatives, Training and Housekeeping.
Other key tasks of the role include completing general engineering tasks, breakdown repairs, Contractor Liaison and carrying out cost effective maintenance routines and general repairs to prolong the useful life of the equipment. All these tasks are to be carried out and completed within a specified time frame and to the highest Engineering Standards, thus minimising any operational disruptions whilst maximising uptime of operational equipment.
4 on x 4 off 12hr shifts days & nights.
Overtime is available to provide direct cover for the opposite shifts as well as opportunities to work with the team to perform improvements and projects.
Electrical Technician: Summary of Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Practice & encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns (irrespective of priority) are identified and subsequently rectified as quickly as possible
- Ensure that the detailed procedure of Shift Change / Handover of the department is carried out thoroughly and all relevant paperwork is compiled correctly with the on-coming personnel
- Responsible for timely completion of all plant PPM schedules and to provide support for all site wide PPM programs
- Ensure all Electrical Engineering Breakdowns are identified and assist in the prioritisation of the plant. During out of hours this will be your own Responsibility with the assistance of the Production Shift Manager and Engineering Team Leader.
- Assist the Electrical and CBM Lead and Maintenance Manager in minimising machine down time by proposing & introducing improved electrical maintenance programmes & continuous improvement ideas.
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.