£18000 - £20000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
3 months ago
Will likely move to Monday-Saturday after training
A leading FMCG Manufacturer with a site in Middlewich is seeking a Logistics Assistant to join their Transport and Logistics team on a permanent basis. The main purpose of this role is to give administration assistance to the Logistics Manager across a range of day to day work activities within the transport / logistics team.
We are looking for a min of 12 months admin support experience, ideally within a similar logistics, warehouse, manufacturing, FMCG or transport environment although not essential as full training will be provided. You will need
Logistics Admin Assistant – Summary of core responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance, recording daily costs, and weekly reports associated with the various hauliers and transport companies used.
- Ensure all additional costs are recorded in SAP, against the correct hauliers. Check haulier invoices against jobs done, and ok them for accounts to process
- Assist with route planning and booking hauliers transport against these and posting by e-mail the daily and weekly plans to all relevant staff. (Only when fully trained and competent)
- Liaise with hauliers and transport companies.
- Liaise with sites and despatch teams on truck arrivals
- Getting costing prices for new work enquiries
- Providing cover for holiday and days off in the Logistics Managers absence (Only when fully trained and competent)
- Work to a range of daily / weekly KPI’s
For this role you will need to be computer literate and confident on Microsoft Word and Excel as a minimum.
A similar background or experience of working within a transport or logistics / warehouse admin team would be a strong advantage. Strong communicator at all levels with internal and external stakeholders.
Good numeracy and Literacy Skills, Financial Awareness of decisions, problem Solving Skills.
Flexible and willing to go beyond your normal day to day duties when and if required.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.