Automotive, Defence, MOD & Aerospace, FMCG Food Manufacturing, General Manufacturing, Highways & Transportation, Information & Technology , MEP Trades, Oil, Gas, & Petrochemical, Building & Infrastructure, Project Controls, Ports, Marine & Aviation, Power, Nuclear & Utilities, Quantity Surveying & Commercial Management, Rail, Scientific, Pharmaceutical & Chemical, Internal
£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
15 days ago
Experience in a similar fast-paced manufacturing or FMCG environment would be preferred but is not essential.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you would have the responsibility to work closely with Site Management to embed the culture and values that are key to the business, as well as supporting local levels of management and employees to ensure the best performance in a motivating environment.
Summary of HR Advisor Responsibilities:
- Provide your business areas with HR support covering all aspects, such as providing advice and guidance on best practice, company policies, terms and conditions of employment and legislation
- Assist the site HR team to implement the people strategy and implementing company wide initiatives. Acting as a point of contact for relevant business areas for all HR related queries. Providing advice, guidance and interpretation to operational departments on all people issues.
- Deal with employee relations issues which include performance management, ensure managers have an effective appraisals process in place and manage under performers through a performance improvement plan.
- Support managers with any disciplinary or grievance cases that may arise. In addition to administration this may include coaching, providing advice, considering best practice and evaluating risk in relation to the best course of action.
- Responsible for complete end to end recruitment practice including preparing and placing adverts, job descriptions, person specifications and interview scripts. Coaching and supporting line managers in interviews through to offer stage, providing a proactive service to hiring managers
- Report on key HR metrics for management on a monthly and weekly basis.
- Build line manager capability by providing a coaching role to the line managers ensuring they work closely with Supervisors and Team Leaders to ensure that individual performance levels are achieved ensuring consistency of approach, providing guidance and support where appropriate.
- Proactively work with your business area ensuring employee absence processes are being adhered to in line with the absence management procedure, work with the OH team in managing short and long terms cases to resolution.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.