Kingston upon Hull
£££dependent on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8953
3 months ago
Reporting to a Factory Manager, the successful Production Shift Managers will be responsible for managing performance across their area providing effective leadership to the team leaders and production staff ensuring a safe working environment and production of quality products.
The successful Production Shift Manager will have experience of leading and managing large teams ideally in a fast paced production environment or similar. You will be a hands on people manager and leader that thrives by being on the production floor driving performance and continuous improvement within your teams.
Production Shift Manager responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate inspiring leadership, which motivates and engages teams to achieve high performance and drives performance of the department forward
- Accountability for the effective implementation and monitoring of people management including policy and procedures relating to performance management, attendance management, quality and employee relations activities
- Develop a culture of high performance and improvements amongst teams, where employees are motivated and engaged
- Ensure that staff are kept safe, promoting safe behaviours at all times, and taking accountability for the health and safety action plans and improvements
- Provide coaching and mentoring, putting in place plans for succession planning and talent management to meet the needs of the department, and develop people in line with performance and role needs so they can achieve their potential
- Ensure that lean activities are carried out, and continuous improvement initiatives are implemented and embedded effectively
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.