£38000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Additional Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
£38k, moving to £40k after 12 months Double Days, Pension, Occupational Health, Regular Overtime, 22days holiday moving to 25k after probation) + 8 days bank holiday.
Shift – 6am - 2pm and 2pm – 10pm rotating shifts Monday – Friday 37.5hours per week
Are you a multiskilled engineer looking for a permanent nights based role as it might suit your work life balance a little more. Our client are looking for a motivated, self starter with drive to push forward in their career and help continue the high standard set by our clients Engineering team. Ur client have over 120 years or history in manufacturing supplying a range of clients in the Uk retail sector.
If you have an interest in working in an innovative site, working as part of a multiskilled maintenance team then this role could appeal. Background wise were looking for a multi skilled engineer with an electrical bias, suited to someone who is looking at working on a permanent nights basis on a really good rate for 8 hour shifts.
- Responsible for the mechanical & electrical maintenance of all production equipment. · Ensure that any mechanical or electrical problems are rectified as a priority.
- To maintain a wide range of production equipment and machinery installations.
- Fault finding and repair of all plant, machinery, and equipment
- Carry out checks and inspection of plant, machinery, and equipment. · Liaising closely with production team.
- Participating in capital expenditure projects to increase outputs and improve efficiencies. Development and introduction of a formalised preventative maintenance program.
- To gain a wide, in depth knowledge of the current production facility, equipment and processes
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to maximise machine utilisation, decrease cycle times, and improve labour recoveries and also introduce improvements yourself.
- Involvement in capital expenditure and continuous improvement projects.
- Ensuring all equipment meets company and legal health & safety requirements.
- Communicating unscheduled downtime to the Site Head Engineer and the reasons with solutions.
- All works performed following a 'clean as you go' ethic in accordance with good manufacturing practise.
- Responsible for ensuring the workshop and individual toolboxes are maintained to the highest standards.
- Ensuring that engineering supplies requested are appropriate to engineering works being carried out.
- Managing engineering supplies inventory and re‐ordering when required in line with agreed budget.
- Development and introduction of a formalised preventative maintenance program.
- Will either be a time served fitter/engineer or have a City & Guilds certificate (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering including at least 17th Edition with solid mechanical skills.
- Have experience in fault finding, repair and general maintenance of machinery, hydraulics, electrics, and other production associated systems.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Strong health and safety knowledge.
- Competent to attempt most aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering with little direction.
- Experienced with the various types of PLCs and able to competently interrogate, fault find and program with little direction.
- Experienced with control systems and finding potential faults.
- Able to read schematic drawings and diagnose faults quickly & accurately.
- Experienced with all aspects of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Competent using MIG, TIG and electric arc welding equipment. (beneficial not essential)
- Experienced in continuous improvements techniques preferred.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.