£35000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
3 months ago
Full time / Permanent – Manchester
Salary £35 - £45K DOE
A world leading establishment is a looking for a Technical Services Engineer.
This interesting role has come about due to continued growth, it provides a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading suppliers of black masterbatch, reporting into the Technical Manager.
As a Technical Services Engineer, you will carry out product development and technical services activities.
You will develop new solutions, improve current products & quality. You would also be responsible for responding to technical and application issues, measuring, and communicating results and initiating action on results to create a solution.
Duties will include:
- Ensure laboratory testing is carried out using equipment that is calibrated in full working condition and to adhere to correct predefined procedure.
- Carry out sampling and testing and correct predefined frequency and samples clearly labelled
- Ensure all test results are recorded in correct locations and correct level of details
- Make day to day decisions on material quality in terms of recorded test results against specified limits and to consult the technical manager when appropriate
- Ensure new developments are fully set up with the appropriate works card, product specification and QIS information
- Report on all development and trial activities
- Liaise with customers on any complications that may arise
- Degree (BSc) in a science based subject (Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering)
- Must be experienced in laboratory work and familiar with standard laboratory health and safety practices
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.