£40000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Other Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
20 days ago
£40k – shift pattern Mon – Fri rotating 6-2pm and 2-10pm, Occupational Health, 30days holiday increasing to 33days after qualifying period, overtime opportunity
Wigan - Ashton in Makerfield
Are you keen to join a well established manufacturing business with an esteemed history in the market of over 120 years. Our client have a new opening for a brand new Shift Manager to report direct into the MD and oversee around 60 production staff across production areas in the business.
The remit of this person will be to build upon the success of the business currently which is a multi million pound turnover business and is looking for someone to bring new ideas in training, CI, health and safety and people management.
The type of individual we are looking for will be keen to make a difference and share their experience within the business and develop within the role. You’ll have a track record in leading teams of production staff within a manufacturing environment preferably from a fast moving process.
- Ensure that all staff are trained to carry out tasks, recording competencies on the staff training matrix.
- Liaise with any agency provider to seek replacements when required.
- Effectively communicate and manage targets with regular reviews.
- Ensure our customers always receive the best quality products, you will drive this with each team leader to maintain a consistently high product quality in line with ISO standards.
- Demand a clean and safe working environment from all employees.
- Continually look to improve the shift, supporting and leading a culture of continuous improvement in all areas.
- Proactively managing staff in a positive way.
- Monitor and reduce waste generation.
- Analyse equipment downtime to identify improvement opportunities and liaise with the maintenance team using the shop floor online system (SFOL).
- Challenge and seek to continuously improve processes, whilst setting the example for best working practice.
- Work effectively with all other departments within the business to achieve and exceed company targets.
- Enforce company time and attendance procedure as per the works rules ensuring a fair and consistent approach is followed.
- Reporting to management.
- Have a proven track record in a position of people management within a manufacturing environment
- Line Management Qualification/Management Qualification (preferable)
- Experience driving and participating in Continuous Improvement activity on site
- Comfortable working alternating shifts 6-2,2-10
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.