£315 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
3 months ago
Our Client is a uk based technical and engineering company. They provide smart infrastructure solutions to the transportation, energy and water sectors.
Due to an increase in work, an opportunity has arisen for a Site Engineer to support them on a smart motorways scheme on the M62, Manchester.
The scheme will relieve congestion and smooth the flow of traffic, improving safety and journey times.
The Smart motorway solution is a technology-driven approach to tackling the most congested parts of the motorway network, improving journey reliability by controlling the flow and speed of traffic.
They also support the economy by providing much-needed capacity on the busiest motorways, while maintaining safety for road users and those who work on the roads.
The design features of the scheme include:
- Variable mandatory speed limits
- Driver information, including lane availability, provided through a mixture of gantries and cantilever signs
- Queue detection and automatic signalling system, which provides queue protection and congestion management
- Comprehensive low light pan-tilt-zoom CCTV coverage
- Refuge areas where drivers can stop in an emergency
- Setting out on-site by various methods (GPS / EDM / Total Station, etc…) for all aspects of work whether drainage / earthworks / roadworks / ducting / site clearance / fencing / structures etc
- Work as part of a team and assist all team members as & when required. However, be able to undertake site duties individually or seek assistance where necessary
- Complete a daily diary of works being undertaken on-site with accurate & comprehensive details
- Complete check sheet’s for quality standards, in accordance with ITP’s
- Assist or undertake safety inspections & workplace inspections
- Raise & issue permits as required
- Undertake CAT & Genny surveys prior to excavation works commencing.
- Attend site meetings in relation to programme / safety / working areas
- Good communication skills with team / sub-contractors / general public / Client
- Be able to undertake site survey and produce sketches of survey work / construction sequences
- CSCS card relevant to appointment
- SSSTS or SMSTS certification
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in civil engineering industry
- CAT & Genny trained
- Safety Critical Medical
- First Aid (optional)
- AutoCAD (optional)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.