£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
18 days ago
Salary depending on experience
Shifts: 6am-2pm / 12pm-8pm
This is a small site with a BIG future. An FMCG Food Manufacturer is seeking a Multi Skilled Engineer to provide a comprehensive engineering resource and first line maintenance to the site covering both mechanical and electrical breakdowns, fault finding and scheduled maintenance activities.
To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance work and to be reactive to production plant, equipment and buildings, to ensure safety and reliability of the production process.
Role Key Accountabilities:
- Continuous development of knowledge and familiarity with the engineering requirements of the bakery process systems and machinery
- Work as an active part of a developing cross functional planned maintenance team
- Ensure correct Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene standards are adhered to at all times
- Ensure a fast and effective response especially under breakdown conditions
- Quickly diagnose faults and take corrective action
- Work on various projects including installation and modifications to plant and equipment
- Actively participate in a Continuous Improvement culture throughout the site, constantly identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Ensure good working practices are adhered to throughout plant
- Ensure the workshop is always audit ready.
- Ensure planned maintenance work is completed to strict schedules, and constantly look for improvements that will ensure reliability of equipment is improved
- Be part of an on-call Rota.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer with the relevant Electrical/Mechanical Engineering qualifications. You must be comfortable to work on your own and have knowledge of plant and maintenance work. Good electrical fault finding, FMCG / Food Manufacturing experience. 18th edition would be preferred but not essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.