£10 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
3 months ago
5 months +
Our Client is a UK based technology and engineering company. They provide smart infrastructure solutions to the energy, water and transportation sectors.
Due to another successful contract award, an opportunity has arisen for a Customer care representative to support them in a Customer service hub in Northampton.
To act as an ambassador in front of customers and members of the public, as well as other stakeholders including business owners, retail outlets and others who may be impacted by our work.
In representing our Client you would be expected to:
• present a professional, personable, and reassuring face to the business
• communicate directly with customers to inform, advise, and educate, and ensure that people are aware of the work we do, how it might affect them and, where necessary, to take responsibility for supporting them
• support the operational teams in their communications with customers and others
• act as an exemplar of customer service excellence both in the public domain and when working in the offices and depots
• communicate directly with our customers on the doorstep while working collaboratively with the operational teams and Site managers
• be a leading advocate in the effort to maximise customer satisfaction and minimise customer complaints.
• Follow, complete and champion the CARE process (Cadent’s on-site communications process) at the start and end of each project, visiting all customer properties.
• Comply with the requirements of the CAREs Control Hub forms and ensure it is properly and honestly completed.
• Coach operatives on the CAREs process and Control Hub forms
• Ensure each customer knows all relevant information relating to the project in hand.
• Complete Priority Services Register PSR requirements.
• Identify customers who will require further assistance while work is ongoing and ensure there are structured handovers to the operational teams on site.
• Attend regular planning meetings, working with the local area to effectively plan for door knocking.
• Produce additional bespoke communications as and when required.
• Review CSAT, complaint and enquiry statistics relating to their local area and teams, for knowledge sharing and performance improvement purposes.
• Take on multiple task and ensure they are properly prioritised and balanced.
• Ensure customers understand their rights with respect to the General Data Protection Regulations.
Person specification (Experience/knowledge/qualifications)
Operational and technical leadership
The Customer Care Representatives needs a good understanding of core customer values and behaviours, ensuring they not only exemplify them but encourage others in the business to do so as well.
• Actively support Cadent’s customer strategy and the local customer action plans.
• Ensure that all customer actions are aligned with the customer strategy and action plans.
• Engage, include, understand and respond to customers in a timely manner.
• Respect customers’ busy lives and make sure promises are delivered.
• Encourage, support and celebrate doing the right thing for our customers.
• Commit to putting customers first and achieving high levels of service and satisfaction.
• Empathise and see someone else’s point of view – be patient and attentive, with good active listening skills.
• Recognise and adapt to individual needs.
• Adopt positive language and a ‘can do’ approach to customer challenges.
• Live up to the expectations of the business with respect to its systems and processes, its behaviours, values and wider business themes, and demonstrate an ability to manage upwards as well as downwards if the approach of others is not in line with these.
• Develop robust relationships with managers and leaders across the business and in the client organisation.
• Act as a role model for excellence, entrepreneurship, and collaborative working.
The CCR must:
• have an ability to build relationships inside and outside of the business at all levels; to reach out to people; to be a team player; to be collaborative and sharing
• be quietly persuasive and influential in promoting their ideas
• show emotional control and thrive when under pressure, staying calm
• be predisposed to action and getting on with things
• be analytical with an ability to assess/defuse different situations and problems, and coming up with solutions
• be adaptable and flexible in their dealings with others, naturally understanding the need to negotiate, accommodate, to respond to new business priorities and to accept that change is a constant
• be courageous when necessary, standing by personal views and principles and Cadent values, even when this runs contrary to others’ views and behaviours
• be confident in dealing with a wide range of people, internally and externally.
• Experience in a customer service role.
• Conscientious with the tenacity and resolve to see things through.
• Organised and punctual.
• Articulate and good at explaining things.
• Thorough, with good record keeping.
• IT literate, including Microsoft Office – Intermediate Word, Excel, Outlook and internet/intranet capabilities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge / experience of working in the utilities industry is desirable.
• Full, valid UK driving licence.
Working hours 40 hours, normally Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm. There may be a requirement to work shifts between the hours of 8.00am and 8.00pm, as well as weekends
Key relationships Area manager, performance manager, site managers, operations teams, design/planning teams, Customer Care team, Customer Care Manager
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.