£36000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
7 months ago
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer is seeking a Shift Production Manager who can lead and develop a days, shift-based manufacturing team. Your role will be to deliver the range of operational KPI’s and objectives aligned to the business needs. You will be responsible for ensuring the production of quality products in a safe and organised working environment.
12 hour days, Pitman 2 week shift rotation:
06:30 – 18:30
Week 1: Working - Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun
Week 2: Working – Weds & Thurs
Shift Production Manager – Brief summary of Key responsibilities:
- Ensure area compliance with all company and statutory regulations and standards- including regular audit and action closure.
- Ensure the product is consistently produced within specification and in a food safe way that meets customer audit and COP requirements.
- Ensure that the shift is service driven in its focus on the customer and delivery of the schedule
- Meet budget requirements by being cost critical on waste, giveaway, total labour cost, output rates and people productivity. Identify and pursue cost improvement opportunities to underpin budget savings
- To visibly lead the FLM shift team to achieve their hourly/daily KPIs ensuring the shift management system flags and addresses variances to appropriate timescales
- To support the Operations Manager with plan for improving employee engagement for the area team
- Facilitate PDR’s for direct reports to meet both individual and business needs, and with right level of ownership from them
- Supports succession planning and by identifying the next generation of Area Managers and FLM’s
- Ensures standards of discipline across the shift are maintained and handles issues in line with company grievance and disciplinary policy
- Administer positive attendance management protocols for direct reports
- To support Continuous Improvement with the plan to improve performance
We are looking for an experienced Manager with a progressive mind-set, proven leadership and communication skills with a strong track record of or driving improvements and developing teams within an FMCG Manufacturing environment. You will have a flexible approach to work, be able to work on own initiative and be a confident decision maker with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation You will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of manufacturing processes and will have the ability to understand how to make improvements.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.