£300 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 months ago
Our Client is a UK based technology and engineering company, they provide smart infrastructure solutions to the transportation, energy and water sectors.
Due to an increase in workload they are currently seeking a Site Engineer and a Senior Site Engineer to support them with a framework contract for Highways England.
This specific role will be based on the site investigation stage of the M60 Simister Island upgrade.
The Site Engineer’s tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Setting out on-site by various methods (GPS / EDM / Total Station, etc…) for all aspects of work involved in the site investigation stage of the project - ground investigation, pavement surveys, topo surveys, drainage surveys etc. Coordination of subcontractors and traffic management. Recording accurate as-builts and updating site records.
- Work as part of a team and assist all team members as & when required. However, be able to undertake site duties individually or seek assistance where necessary.
- Complete a daily diary of works being undertaken on-site with accurate & comprehensive details.
- Assist or undertake safety inspections & workplace inspections.
- Raise & issue permits as required.
- Undertake CAT & Genny surveys prior to excavation works commencing.
- Attend site meetings in relation to programme, safety, working areas
- Good communication skills with team, sub-contractors, general public and Client
- Be able to undertake site survey and produce sketches of survey work /construction sequences
Training / Competency Requirements:
CSCS card relevant to appointment
SSSTS or SMSTS certification
Minimum 3 year’s experience in civil engineering industry
CAT & Genny trained (CAT4)
Safety Critical Medical
Candidate must have experience using AutoCAD and be able to carry out surveying/setting out activities.
Sat & Sun (only required to suit road closures or specific works – advance notice will be provided
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.