£400 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 months ago
Our Client is a UK based technology and engineering company, they provide smart infrastructure solutions to the energy, transportation and water sectors.
Due to another succesful contract award, they require the services of a Civils Inspector to support them in delivering a multi-million-pound Design & Build Frameworks within the Water sector, providing improvements to drinking water and wastewater treatment plants and pumping stations.
Role and responsibilities
- Working predominantly on the civil elements of a tender, you will be generating budget estimates during the optioneering stage and helping set the target price of the selected option for contract award.
- There will be a requirement to work on multiple projects concurrently within a multi-disciplinary team
- You will need to appraise the civil solutions, reviewing specifications and drawings to ensure they offer a compliant tender that meets the project brief
- Produce detailed activity schedules or BOQ's covering all aspects of the civil related activities and in accordance with the Client’s cost capture system
- Consider site safety, health and environmental issues and identify and include costs within the estimates
- Attend site visits across the Water Sector if required
- Work with the M&E Estimators to include any temporary treatment processes that enable our works to be undertaken whilst maintaining compliance to the site’s operating permits
- Obtain accurate prices and quotations for all civil aspects including subcontracts, materials, plant, and labour. Technically and commercially assess quotations to ensure compliance against scope and specifications, feeding back queries as part of the review and negotiation phase
- Ability to price/produce estimates for all or some aspects of the works bottom up using agreed standardised rates and first principles
- Ability to read detailed construction programmes and the development of simple critical path programmes to inform the delivery of packages of work and associated project related costs
- Production of project related costs (indirect costs) such as site establishment, welfare and staffing in accordance with the Client’s cost capture system
- Support the Estimating Manager during internal governance prior to submission to the client.
- Record areas of potential risk or opportunity identified during the preparation of the estimates
- Attendance to settlement meetings to discuss and explain, civil estimate and attend post-tender commercial meetings with client
- Contribute into the continuous improvement plans to help drive efficiency
- Qualified in a civil engineering discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of civil construction (typically earthworks, R.C bases, roads, retaining structures, tanks/chambers, pipework, and ductwork) and associated civils temporary works
- Ability to manage and prioritise a high volume of work that requires completion within tight timeframes to meet the demands of the contract and the timely completion of multiple concurrent tenders with a fast turnaround in a Framework Environment
- High level of competence using MS Excel
- Experience of water and / or utilities sector
- Experience of working within a multi-discipline engineering environment
- Knowledge and appreciation of sewage treatment processes, water treatment processes and pumping systems
- Proven experience producing bottom-up estimates
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.