£40000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
4 months ago
As Engineering Manager you will take the lead role in ensuring the facility and equipment is maintained to a high standard, ensuring that there is a robust planned preventative maintenance system in place reducing downtime and guaranteeing that planned production output targets are met whilst achieving agreed quality parameters, labour establishment targets, and cost specifications. Drive a continuous improvement & process innovation culture within the site engineering team and develop this team through robust performance management and delivery of development plans for all team members
Engineering Manager – Brief summary of Key responsibilities:
- Ensure the Engineering team executes the requirements of the maintenance strategy maintaining the site infrastructure and manufacturing assets to the expected standard
- Management of third-party providers to deliver projects on time and within budget. Ensure all suppliers are approved and comply with site requirements
- Deliver the engineering budget to plan & challenge any spend so as to ensure value for money
- Lead, motivate and manage all engineering team members to a high standard at all times and be seen as a role model
- Develop the members of the engineering team through a robust performance management process, with all individuals having a tailored development plan to ensure the necessary skills exist within the team
- Help support and develop improvement projects by providing expertise, time and information to allow team members to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Exceed or be on target with yearly appraisal. Develop and coach team to exceed their target at appraisal.
- Work with the site Health & Safety Manager & Site Leadership to implement, record and audit safety and statutory compliance programmes to provide a safe working environment for all staff. Own the legal responsibilities as the site engineering lead within this framework.
- Manage all processes, people and systems in accordance with manufacturing and business strategy (i.e. continuous improvement), statutory requirements and company policy
- To promote teamwork and an inclusive environment so that all employees in the area feel involved and consistently treated in a fair way
- Develop strong peer working relationships to promote daily collaboration and cross functional problem solving as the normal way of working.
- Ensure that the correct skills are in place across the team to meet engineering requirements effectively
- Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Report on Engineering activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant KPIs
We are looking for an experienced manager (ideally with min 5 years in a leadership role) who has experience within the food manufacturing sector. Ideally you will be educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ 7 Level qualification. We are flexible on this depending on level of experience.
You will need to be a strong communicator who is results orientated and be able to drive improvements through initiatives. You will need to be well organised and have the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.