£27500 - £33000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Other Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 month ago
£27500-33000 plus benefits
A brand new opportunity to join one of the most iconic manufacturers in the area for a Mark Out Inspector to carry out all of the sites dimensional inspection and mark out on cast, forged or wrought products and generate associated documentation.
The aim of the role is to ensure that components are inspected fully, and confirmed as conforming or non-conforming to the drawings provided.
Should you have experience in such a role and be interested in joining a business with significant scope for development then please get in touch.
- Perform Inspection in all areas within the company (Machine Shops, Forge, Foundry, Rolls etc.) and off-site as and when required.
- Visit internal & external machine shops to assist with issues as required.
- Dimensional Inspection/Mark Out of castings/forgings for, and after machining, to ensure conformance to drawing.
- Inspect castings/forgings using traditional inspection equipment micrometers, verniers etc.
- Inspect castings/forgings using Faro Arm’s, Laser scanners and trackers, and any other measuring equipment as required.
- Assist in the set-up of items for machining to ensure drawing conformance.
- Perform witnessed inspections with visiting customer inspectors as required.
- Liaise with Foundry, Forge, Machine Shop personnel to ensure that items for inspection are correctly identified and safely located.
- Assist Fettlers, Burners, Welder, Machinist etc. to understand any dimensional issues they may have and supply any measuring aids if required, Templates etc.
- Liaise with supervision to ensure they understand the requirements resulting from the Mark Out / inspection of a casting/forging.
- Inspectors are also required to assist in the setting up of components for machining, and also fit up and assembly of complex welded fabrications.
- The duties of this role include selection of the appropriate method and equipment to perform the inspection; checking and, where necessary, performing pre-use calibration checks on FARO and Laser scanning equipment; performing inspections; interpreting the results of these inspections and; accepting responsibility for and reporting these results.
- Produce Mark Out reports & As Built reports.
- Produce & Log Work Sheets for defective parts.
- Assist with the preparation of documents to meet customer requirements.
- Attend PFMEA meetings.
- Create Visual Fair reports.
- Record worked hours for costing purposes including additional costs associated with non-standard operations utilising Mestec or other software.
- Assist in the resolution of NCR’s, CAR’s and customer complaints.
- Undergo training both internally and externally as necessary to meet order book contractual requirements inclusive of technology complimentary to dimensional inspection.
- Adhere to Health & Safety rules and regulations, undergo training at internal/external source as necessary to meet H&S requirements.
- Operate Fork Truck, Pendant Crane etc. (If trained & competent, seek training if not trained)
- To be able to create risk assessments for any new lift/setup of a casting/forging as necessary. Attend any required risk assessment training.
- Dimensional Inspection & Mark Out Competence Certificate (desirable)
- Near Vision Acuity J1
- Apprentice trained (Engineering/Machinist) – (desirable)
- Computer literate – proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel at a basic level
- Knowledge of metal processing routes including castings, forgings, heat treatment, fettling, welding and machining
- Experience of working alongside external visitors, inspectors & customers
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.