+44 (0)151 666 8918
3 months ago
IR35 Status: Inside
Scantec are currently looking a Substantiation (PRS) Engineer for one of our most prestigious clients.
- To conduct engineering assessments of existing nuclear high hazard facilities as part of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) undertaking a Periodic Review of Safety (PRS)
- Maintain an understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and documentation associated with the design of “insert discipline” design and delivery.
- Maintain high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality
- Carry out engineering assessment and optioneering activities in accordance with the authorised Corporate and Engineering Design Substantiation (EDS) processes and procedures.
- Interpretation of the Specific Safety Functional Requirements (SSFRs) against the relevant Structures, Systems and Components (SSCs).
- Assessment of SSCs against the SSFRs, Modern Standards and Continued Operations.
- Presentation of the results of the EDS assessments: In the format and to a standard specified within the authorised Corporate/EDS processes and procedures for a Design Assessment Report (DAR).
- Technical review of DARs produced by others.
- Engineering input into the Shortfall management and Optioneering processes.
- Liaison with Facility Engineering and Facility Safety Case Teams.
- Producing engineering reports as directed by the EM.
- Support production of technical specifications for outsourced work packages.
- Provide tasking information to the Engineering Manager to support project planning.
- Prepare and lead Design Reviews.
- Liaison with the appropriate Design and Technical Authorities, to address issues arising from the formal review of those assessments.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.